What you’ll need
- 45g medium grind coffee
- 700g filtered water heated to 195-205°F (plus more for rinsing)
- 6 cup Chemex
- Fold filter paper and place in Chemex with 3 fold side closest to the spout.
- Thoroughly rinse the paper filter with hot water.
- Pour water out of Chemex without removing filter paper.
- Add 45g of freshly ground coffee to Chemex and shake to settle.
- Place Chemex on scale and zero.
- Start timer.
- Add 100g of water. Allow to bloom then gently stir to evenly saturate.
- Pouring slowly in circles, add 300g of water.
- Allow 30 seconds to brew.
- Add final 300g of water.
- Adjust grind size to achieve total brew time of 4-5 minutes.