Drip coffee machines are great at producing large volumes of coffee without much effort. Excellent for very busy families or businesses. With great coffee and a good recipe the result is classic tasty coffee you can enjoy throughout day.
- Place the paper filter in the brew basket.
- For 8 cups add 60g of coffee ground for filter and tap to even out the grounds then place into your machine.
- Add 1L of cold water to the water reservoir to fill to the 8 cup marker.
- Place carafe (coffee pot) under the brew basket and turn on and start your brew.
- Wait several minutes for brew to finish dripping.
- Serve immediately after for best results.
|4 cup||6 cup||8 cup||10 cup|
|2.5 heaped tablespoons||4 heaped tablespoons||5 heaped tablespoons||6.5 heaped tablespoons|
- Grind coffee immediately before use. Nothing beats freshly ground coffee.
- Brew to order. Avoid using hot plates to maintain temperature of the coffee. This “bakes” the coffee and compromises the quality in the cup.
- Heat your Carafe before use.
- Before brewing, rinse your paper filter with boiling water to remove the “papery” taste.
- Use filtered water for best flavour results
- Invest in a good brewer. Machines have come a long way in the last ten years. We recommend the Breville Precision Brewer and the Moccamaster.
Want to improve your coffee experience at home? Read these helpful hints.