"How To Brew: French Press"
How To Brew: French Press
METHOD FOR 8 CUP (THE LARGE) PLUNGER
- Add 58g (6 tbsp) of coffee ground for plunger (see reference page for grind sizes).
- Pour in 800mL of 200ºF water to fill the Plunger up to ~2in from the top.
- Let the coffee brew for 4-6 minutes then stir the top ‘crust’ layer allowing all coffee to fall to the bottom.
- Insert the plunger and gently push down.
- Pour and share with friends (or drink it all yourself).
||4 heaped teaspoons
||3 heaped tablespoons
||6 heaped tablespoons
||9 heaped tablespoons
- Grind coffee immediately before use. Freshly ground coffee is so important here.
- Heat your plunger with hot water before use.
- Avoid sediment in your cup by not plunging all the way to the bottom. Push ¾ of the way down.
- Pouring slowly will also limit the sediment in your cup.
- You can use your plunger to make cold brew. Follow the same recipe using cold water and leave in the fridge for 12-14 hours before plunging and decanting.
- If you are having difficulty pushing the plunger down, stop pushing and pull slightly upwards, then continue pushing down.