Catalina Natural is a special selection of Geisha from Lot 4, the most heavily shaded section of the westernmost side of the terroir. Only the ripest red cherries are picked before undergoing an extended anaerobic fermentation. To make sure that you get an absolutely amazing brew, here are our top pro tips to follow!
- Use your favourite brewing method – This coffee is packed full of flavour and should taste great across all brewing methods. Using a brewing method that you’re comfortable with will help you make the most of this coffee. Learn more on brewing methods here.
- Use every bean – With only 50g of this special coffee you will want to make every bean count. If you plan to share you can get two brews using a 25g dose. If you want to keep it all to yourself you can stretch this out further into 3 brews with a 16.5g dose.
- Let the coffee age – After coffee has been roasted it will continue to degas over the next couple weeks. These gases can interfere with the brewing process and bring out some undesirable flavours. We recommend letting this coffee age at least 7 days before brewing, but the flavours will continue to develop and change over the next week or so.
- Clean your grinder before use – Try and remove any remnants of previously used coffee before grinding this coffee through.
- Use filtered water – Your brewing water will have a significant impact on the taste of your coffee. Minerals within water can impart their own flavour on water, but will also affect how your coffee extracts. If you have a tap with a water filter then that should be your go to. If you don’t have access to filtered water then Mount Franklin water will give good results.
Learn more about the story of how this coffee came to be!
Want to improve your coffee experience at home? Read these helpful hints.
This guide has been specifically created to support those customers who are able to secure one of a limited number of tins of Best of Panama Auromar Catalina Geisha. Want to find out how to get your hands on our premium releases in future? Subscribe to our eNewsletter.