The Stovetop is another classic method but one that can benefit from applying the principles of a specialty brew. See below!
What you’ll need
- Medium fine grind coffee
- Hot filtered water
- Use a ratio of 200g of coffee per litre of water.
- Freshly and finely grind coffee. Place in basket without pressing it down.
- Fill bottom section of brewer with hot water (be sure not to cover any safety valves).
- Assemble brewer.
- Place on a low-medium heat with lid open.
- When brew is complete, immediately turn off heat and remove stovetop to stop brewing.
- (Pro Tip). To avoid extracting too much bitterness that comes from the final stage of the extraction, quickly rinse the outside of the brewer under cold water after removing from heat.