Brew along with our Founder Will and see just how special the Mario Enero release really is.
- Heat approx. 850ml water to 95ºC.
- Purge/season grinder with 2g of the Mario Enero.
- Grind remaining 48g of your coffee, be careful not to go too coarse (see video for tips).
- Add the ground coffee to the plunger.
- Pour in 750 to 780ml of the hot water to fill the Plunger up to ~5cm from the top.
- Let the coffee brew for 4-6 minutes then stir the top ‘crust’ layer allowing all coffee to fall to the bottom. Ensure you only stir the top layer of coffee floating on the surface as a deeper stir will agitate the grounds and increase sediment in your cup.
- After stirring, scoop out the remaining coffee grounds floating at the surface of the plungers. Using two spoons will make this easier.
- Leave the coffee to cool for a further 4 – 5 mins.
- Insert the plunger and gently push down.
- Pour and share with friends (or drink it all yourself).
- Grind coffee immediately before use. Freshly ground coffee is so important here.
- Use another coffee to set your grind so that you don’t waste any of the Mario Enero.
- Heat your plunger with hot water before use.
- Use filtered water for best results. If using bottled water, we recommend using Mount Franklin water for this particular coffee.
- Avoid sediment in your cup by not plunging all the way to the bottom. Push ¾ of the way down.
Other Ways to Brew
This brew guide has been specifically created to support those customers who were able to secure a tin of Mario Enero Natural Geisha in our exclusive pre-release last month. Want to find out how to get your hands on one of our premium releases in future? Subscribe to our eNewsletter.