This recipe is based using the Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Pot, which is now available to purchase online.
What’s great about cold brew? It’s rich, smooth and contains less than half the acids of traditional hot brew methods. Perfect for the warmer months ahead!
We recommend using Blade Runner coffee for this cold brew recipe.
Recipe for brewing black:
What you’ll need
- Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Pot
- 40g medium/coarse coffee (when ordering coffee online, select the Aeropress grind if you don’t have a grinder at home)
- 600ml cold filtered water
- Weigh out 40g of medium/coarse coffee, and add this to the filter basket of the cold brew pot
- Add 600ml cold filtered water – ensure grounds are fully saturated with a gentle stir
- Pop the pot into the fridge overnight, and leave for 10 hours or to taste
Brewing for white coffee? Simply change the coffee to 40g medium/fine coffee grind (select the Stovetop grind when ordering online), and follow the above instructions.
We recommend sieving out fines for a cleaner cup and a more balanced and sweet extraction. For a natural sweetener, try maple syrup or vanilla bean through the duration of brew.